There are myriad ways to use essential oils in the home. With just a few staple oils on hand, you can freshen, protect, and enhance the atmosphere of your kitchen, bathroom, and other commonly-used areas of the house.
A dirty refrigerator can lead to unpleasant odors, but keeping it tidy and fresh isn’t as difficult as you might think. Disposing of leftovers and expired food is a no-brainer, but kick it up a notch with essential oils.
- Find an empty mason jar, or any medium-sized glass container.
- Fill jar halfway with baking soda, then mix in 3-5 drops of Lemon, Orange, or Purify (essential oil blend).
- Secure the top of the jar with cloth and rubber band. Or, if you have a tin or aluminum lid, poke a few holes in it. (The idea is to allow the air to be absorbed by the baking soda mixture.)
This easy mixture is tough on grease, but soft on the hands! It’s great for soaking pots and pans, and serves as a dishwashing liquid alternative. Keep it simple by sticking to natural, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Combine 8 ounces of Castile soap (or a mild soap of your choice) with 5-6 drops of Lemon essential oil.
- Soak pots, pans, dishes as usual.
- Use mild scrubber to dislodge grease.
Most commercial room diffusers contain toxic, artificial aromas. Keep it fresh by going the DIY route!
- Find a tall, skinny glass jar or vase.
- Mix 4 ounces of sweet almond oil with 15-20 drops of an essential oil of your choice (Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Cedarwood, Patchouli and Lavender are great choices).
- Place oil in vase, then add 5-6 bamboo skewers (make sure the skewers are over half the size of the vase).
Note: Replace oil mixture every month, or when aroma is no longer detected.
Gentle (but Powerful!) Hand Soap:
Essential oils are great bacteria-blasters and are a great, natural alternative to superbug-building antibacterial soaps.
- Find an empty soap dispenser. (A foaming pump-dispenser may work best.)
- Pour half a cup of distilled water into dispenser, then add half a cup of Castile soap.
- Mix in 15-20 drops of essential oils. You can get creative here, but make sure you’re using at least one antiviral essential oil (such as tea tree oil).
- Optional: Add a tablespoon of skin-replenishing oils if you’d like, like jojoba or calendula.
Get a good night’s sleep with a soothing, aromatherapeutic sleep sachet.
- Find small organza bag/pouch and ribbon.
- Buy dried lavender, or use any dried petals that you have on hand.
- Sprinkle 15-20 drops of Lavender essential oil onto dried lavender/flower petals and place in pouch.
- Secure pouch with ribbon or drawstring. Place underneath pillow or hang near headboard.
This simple trick can be used in all rooms, and/or to treat high-traffic areas.
- Combine 10 drops of Lemon essential oil with one cup of baking soda (mix with fork or whisk for even distribution).
- Sprinkle mixture onto carpet stain. (Be sure to test a small, inconspicuous area of carpet if color fading is a concern.)
- Mix one part water to one part vinegar and pour or spray onto spot.
- Pat carpet with wet towel to ensure the mixture gets saturated into floor.
- Let sit for half an hour (or until dry) and vacuum up.
Combine one box of baking soda with 10-15 drops of lavender and sprinkle on carpets before vacuuming for general carpet cleaning and deodorizing.
Eradicate shoe odor quickly and easily with this simple trick! Freshen up your shoes and create a pleasant-smelling closet in one fell swoop.
- Coat a few cotton-balls with essential oils (Melaleuca and Peppermint are recommended, but choose your favorite scent if you’d like).
- Place cotton-balls in shoes.
Keep clothes poison-free by creating your own moth-blasters.
- Find empty cloth bag, or a clean sock.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender and Cedarwood on a handful of cotton balls.
- Put cotton balls in sack, and secure at top.
- Hang sack in closet, place in dresser drawers, etc.
Note: Be sure to replace cotton balls with fresh oil every so often.
These handy tricks can save you loads of money and hassle. Best of all, you can rest easy knowing that CPTG essential oils are a natural, safe alternative to harsh chemical household cleaners and air fresheners, so YOUR HEALTH BENEFITS TOO!! PLEASE VISIT DrDoraida.com for more information, click on the Essential Oils Tab and learn how you can start using these oils.